Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Update On Julia

Hi Everyone,

Julia had a great day today. She was in a great mood and felt the best she's felt in a long time. We were given a day pass on Sunday to go home and it was wonderful. It felt so good to be home as a family and the kids just loved it. Anthony and Emily were so excited to have Julia home. They played games, built forts, and even went for a bike ride. Of course the day was not long enough, and Anthony had quite the meltdown when it was time for us to go back to the hospital. Julia was like a 30 year old, she turned to Anthony and said "it's okay Anthony, I have to go back to the hospital now, don't cry". It was heart breaking, Anthony cried and begged me not to leave him. He understands that this is where I need to be but he is missing me more than I realized. I can't wait to get out of here and spend some much needed quality time with the kids. Most of the time I am so wrapped up with Julia that I don't often have the time or energy to think about the impact this is or will have on Anthony and Emily. I thank god everyday that my parents are willing and able to take care of them and that they provide a safe and loving environment for them.

Julia is scheduled for her PET/CT on Friday and this will be a big day. The scan must be disease free for her to move on to cycle 4. Having no doubt that the scan will be good, Julia will start cycle 4 next Tuesday, and then only 1 more to go. I can't wait.....I am starting to see the light at the end of the long and dark tunnel. I am going absolutely crazy in here, and getting to go home on Sunday made me realize how much I am missing and how not normal life in here really is.

That is all for now and I will let you all know the results from Julia's scan. Please say a prayer on Friday for her.

Thanks
Nadia

No comments: