Julia is home now and the fevers have stopped. However, her chest x-ray shows an infectious process going on in her lungs that doctors believe is pneumonia. She is on strong antibiotics and hopefully the repeat x-ray will show improvement. Despite having pneumonia she is feeling fine. Her counts have bottomed out pretty much across the board and doctors are extremely worried we could be looking at disease. She will be at the hospital tomorrow for follow up and if she is still neutropenic they are thinking of doing a PET/CT to look for evidence of disease. We may need to get to NY sooner rather than later but now with the pneumonia we will need to wait until the infection is gone. Sending Julia to NY neutropenic is not ideal this could open up a can of worms both medically and financially.
This has been a tough 10 days and I am feeling completely overwhelmed with everything going on. Starting to feel like no matter what we do it's just never enough. It's unbelievable how many bullets we continuously have to dodge.
Anthony is having a very hard time lately and is an emotional mess. I am trying to spend every extra minute I have with him. He is coming with us tomorrow to Sick Kids to talk with the Oncology social worker and hopefully this will help. I feel so bad for him and don't know what I can or could have done to make things better for him. My heart breaks for him.......
Will you keep you all posted as I know more. For now please pray that this is just an infection and nothing more.